Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Color Purple

The weather is still warm enough for things to bloom, and this time of year it seems all the purple things are coming out.
 



Including some "nail art".  I can't wear fancy clothes or jewelry to work, so I have to find another outlet for my artistic nature.
 
There are a few orange things making their appearance too.  My selection of teeny-tiny pumpkins.  I have to head out to the flea market tomorrow to find some larger ones for my Autumn display. 
 

I had planned to go to the Wool Festival this weekend, but finances are just not looking good for that to happen.  I have some money in my PayPal account from etsy sales, so i did a little on-line retail therapy instead....in the form of some lovely pieces of felt in shades of yellow & orange and a set of 7 different brown shades.  Ah, I just can't escape my obsession with the seasonal colors!
 
Pet snap of the day is our dear old Bud.  Yes he is getting quite elderly.  Joe even called me while I was away in New Jersey to say that Bud may not be here when I got back.  But all seems well, or rather as normal.  He seems no better or worse the mid August.  I am on the hunt for a heated dog bed for him.  He absolutely hates coming inside or being "trapped" anywhere (Joe had suggested our laundry room).  Bud loves our barn and Joe has cut a whole in the side of it and it has become the giant doghouse!  Last year a large pile of straw and blankets were suitable because it was a mild Winter.  I don't know what is predicted for this year, so better safe then sorry with the heated dog bed.


It is a regular craft-a-palooza around here this weekend.  On the 22nd my neighbor is hosting a big Garden/Craft Sale.  I really have quite a bit for my display table.  I hope the weather holds out.
Hoping everyone has an enjoyable weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment