Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tombstone SAL Will Be Late.

With the randomness of my computer I can't even update my own SAL on time. I've actually tried this post several times and even without photos it gets "lost" somewhere in Cyberspace!

Here's the Royal Lady of the day. The computer is liking these photos and not any that I have taken. This is Queen Alexandra, nee Princess Alexandra(Alix) of Denmark.(1844-1925) Her younger sister Dagmar was Empress Marie Feodorvna of Russia. These Royal sister were very close and had many gorgeous portraits made together. They were famous for dressing alike, even as grown women. As Princess of Wales, Alexandra was quite the fashion plate, much as Diana, Princess of Wales was in her day.
Alexandra, the second child of King Christian and Queen Louise (nee Hesse-Cassel) of Denmark, was born December 1, 1844. On March 10, 1862 she married Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) son of Queen Victoria. Alexandra was a keen photographer in her own right, traveling around with her Kodak box camera capturing contemporary scenes and members of the extended Royal Family. I highly reccomend the book "Developing The Picutre, Queen Alexandra and the Art of Photography", by Frances Dimond.
Not a very stitchy post, as it was intended to be. But I have to take whatever the computer chooses to give me these days. So I better hit the 'publish' button right now before I lose it all again. Hopefully, I will have access to the computer at work and be able to post a few photos later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment