Sunday, October 3, 2010

Season of Renewal


Most people think of Spring as the Season of Renewal; for me it is Autumn. Not only is it my favorite time of year, this year it had brought to me some positive change. The changing of the leaves and plants, the changing of the weather and at last a change in my financial and employment situation. After an exhaustive and stressful 11 month search I have finally found a new job. I started last week at a brand-new gym Perfection Gymnastics. Though I am relieved to have this job and some sense of security, it is not the familiar "comfort zone" of the old gym. I have never been one to adjust easily to change and I am finding it very difficult to go to work each day and not see my group of good friends or the gymnasts I have worked with for years and years. I am trying to adjust and be more open to the new situation. It helps that the gymnasts and their families are very friendly. Here I am with my new friend Faith! I am settling in to my new schedule which is totally opposite to my previous one. I've had to adapt my "time management skills" a bit, but I have found time for some crafting and stitching. Here is the latest tombstone: "Carolina Handley" by Carriage House Samplings. Once again dear Joe outdid himself in the construction of the wooden tombstone. WalMart came through again with it's selection of "faux stone" spray paint and the little wooden accents are from Hobby Lobby.
My other new friend, Lowell (aka Blacky) is getting bigger and quite a bit bolder. It's very easy to pet him now. He comes running up as soon as you call him....the neighbors have changed his name to Blacky, but I still prefer Lowell.

The expression "One Day At A Time" has become my new phrase to live by. Sometimes when I look at the overall situation I get overwhelmed and a bit sad. If I take each day as it comes then I can savor the sweet time spent at home with my animals and stitching and still enjoy my work in the sport that I love.

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you have a new cat! He is so cute! He looks at with his open eyes. It is great!!! ))
    Oh, your Autumn seems to be nice and warm there. it is almost snowing here these days. Too cold outside. Too cold in home because the heating pipes are cold .. brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job. I know that it can be hard fitting in a new place.
    The tombstone is amazing.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow, Joe made that tombstone himself?? That's amazing!! Lowell looks like a cutie... ;o) Hope things keep looking up for you!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off most importantly, I am so happy for you and your job situation. I know that has to be a huge stress relief, although a stress increase in ways too. Thinking of and praying for your situation to settle in a positive way and better than ever!

    The tombstone is just fabulous. JUST AWESOME love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is difficult, isn't it? No matter how good a thing a new job can be, it's still quite a stretch to make it your own. You keep right on putting one foot in front of the other, and it'll eventually feel like you've been there all along.

    Love, love, love your tombstone. And your kitty, too!!!

    ReplyDelete