Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finally!!

Like most stitchers/crafters I have a "Work In Progress" pile and a Wish List pile of charts, designs, patterns, magazines.  Here are some photos from what has come to be known as the "Finally" pile.  Ideas and designs that I have drooled over, longed for or procrastinated about for years.  Yes, YEARS!
 
 
I wanted to stitch Workbasket "Quaker Reindeer" ever since I saw it over on Edgar's blog several years ago.  After much searching I finally got my hands on the chart.  Here is the lovely boy, stitched up on 16 count Christmas green aida with DMC variegated #115.

I'm pretty sure it was Edgar also who inspired me to stitch these Prairie Schooler "Two By Two Deer".  I have the Two By Two charts that portray Noah's Ark, but this was the little promotional card that announced the new release (about a billion years ago).

These two Prairie Schoolers are at least from the 21st Century....2006 and 2007 Gift of Stitching ornament issues.

Lastly in the "Finally" category is a wreath from Better Homes and Gardens "Holiday Crafts" 2006.  In Fact I bought the bag of Brazil nuts in 2006 so they were properly "aged" when I finally got around to making this wreath last month. 

Mine is certainly not as lush as the one in the magazine.  I recycled an old twig wreath that is much smaller and skimpier then the 22" one called for in the instructions.

I traded out the store-bought pheasant feathers for guinea fowl and hawk feathers I found in my yard.



 
The weather outside is frightful, but my buddy Houdini is enjoying his first Christmas tree in the warm indoors.  He is the new addition to the household with the Great Dane dogs that I pet sit during the work week.

A bit more snow piled on to what we already had from last Friday.  Just enough for a stay-at-home day.

No comments:

Post a Comment