Wednesday, July 23, 2014

At The Fair

After my birthday lunch last week, my friend Karena and I went to the Warren County Fair.  I love to look at ALL the animal exhibits and luckily Karena was patient enough to indulge me.
 
We strolled through every barn.  The weather was unseasonably cool, in the low 70sF, so it was pleasant for the animals as well as the tourists.


What an interesting color cow







My gymnast Aubrey and her llama, Eli.

I think I need to make this guy my Facebook profile picture

 






My needlework/crafts did pretty well.  I entered 20 categories and won 16 First Places and 3 Second Places.  The only item that didn't win anything was my Stars and Moons quilt.  I really don't know why.  There were some other nice quilts there but they were common patchwork patterns in bright colors.  What I would call "country" style.  I didn't see any other applique quilts.  Maybe my choice of colors and design was just too contemporary for the judge's taste.
 
I won Blue Ribbons in 4 Doll Clothes categories and all 7 cross-stitch categories.
 
I'm already tossing around ideas for next year's entries.  I will definitely go the more traditional route with my quilt entry.  Overall a very good day and a big pay-off of $50.50 in prize money.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment