Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Under A New Roof

The roof project has been completed for several months, but just digging this post up from the "drafts" file to finally publish it.
 My best guess is the previous roof was put on in the 1950's! What a collection of miss-matched wood piece and rusted metal. They had to make do with what they could afford or find as scrap. And the heaps of straw/nests/carcasses and droppings found underneath it all!! YIKES!




But Joe did a marvelous job of leveling out the grade.....


with a bit of help from Ollie and Sparky


.

The finished product became the subject of my first painting in over 20 years. It is displayed as the blog title photo above.
While I continue to live under my father's roof, I know this shiny new green roof waits for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment