Wednesday, January 1, 2020

So, This New Year's Thing........

My least favorite holiday EVER. Because:
1 It's association with copious amounts of drinking.
2. Anything after 10p.m. I find completely exhausting
3. Resolutions and unrealistic expectations
and
4. Those incredibly depressing "look back at the year" lists of all the death and destruction rendered upon this Earth.

Not a very perky 'Welcome to 2020' post is it!?  I don't even like the look of those numbers all run together. Now, 1920, there's something I could relate to. I am lucky enough to be spending New Year's day at my beloved house in Ohio, with my beloved Joe. We lost our sweet cat Mocha on 17 December so the house is just not the same. Sparky, Ollie and Ellen and still with us here. Ollie and Ellen have moved inside completely. Just can't seem to get Sparky to come inside though.

Mocha April 2003-17 December 2019

Busying my mind (and hands) with the usual knitting and stitching. If you notice the new header picture, I've also returned to my drawing and painting. Joe has taken up drawing too! On our 9 hour ride here from New Jersey last week I had the profound moment of listening to Tchaikovsky on Spotify while Joe was sketching in the passenger seat. About as close to a Victorian romantic moment as I'll ever get!

So no resolutions for me. Getting back to blogging (and away from Facebook) is about a committal as I'll get in that department. I'm fat and old and most like will continue on that path!!

1 comment:

  1. My condolences on the passing of your sweet furrbaby. I have know that feeling a few times. Glad you have your other babies, they are a balm to the heart but as you know each one has their own personality and we miss them so when they pass. Here's to 2020, hope it is a "calm" year.

    ReplyDelete