Sunday, May 29, 2022

Crushing

 More of a vent then a post.....

This day is crushing me. A day like so many others; common, ordinary, dull, mindless, uninspiring. Endless, boring, lonely. The hours and minutes dictated by others. The sun and the breeze closed out behind slammed-shut windows and doors.

I push away the things that I love and enjoy. Restless, unfocused. Nothing gets done. I want to be sour, nasty, rude....but I can't. Can I blame someone for aging, or another for preferring the peace and independence of another place?

Can I just have the privacy to cry...or maybe just sit and stare off into emptiness? 

Four years of hard work washed away in an instant. "Move forward, get over it, get on with it". Yes, on the outside those things will happen, and some already have. But it's just a shield, a curtain..... that closed door.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jennifer. Not sure what you mean about four years of hard work wasted but I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannine. The gym I've coached at for four years is closing. Building sold. New owners ending the lease.

      Delete