Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Leap Forward

Just a quickie update on the progress of the gymnast cross-stitch, Anastasia Grishina of Russia.


Since it is National Chocolate Chip Day (according to the Food Network Site) I baked these very easy Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies. Just a store-bought banana cake mix, with two eggs and 1/2 cup of oil. Then add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix thoroughly and drop tablespoon-sized blobs on a cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

My dear friend Karena stopped by today with her daughter, one of my gymnasts, Allie. They brought me this beautiful card and some lovely flowers and delicious strawberries straight from their garden. Karena has been my friend for about three years, but it feels like I have known her all my life. There is a special bond that goes beyond our passion for gymnastics. She always knows exactly the right time to call or e-mail me and has just the perfect thing to say to brighten my day. I don't know what I would have done without her love and support these past few months. Thanks Karena!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! the progress on your gymnastics piece looks amazing!! What lovely you friends you have to drop in with such goodies!! Those cookies look delish by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is national chocolate day, but some sort of virus has hit our house and I didn't feel up to baking of any kind. Boo hoo! Your cookies look so good that I almost feel better. ;)

    ReplyDelete