Friday, May 18, 2012

Needles and Pins

Well, it should actually be "needles and needles"....cross-stitch and knitting that is.  My first cross-stitch finish in a while.  A lovely Threadwork Primitives design called "Pride & Glory".  Check out her stuff on Esty (shop of the same name).  She really has some beautiful Prim stuff there.


The next finish was sort on an emergency job.  I gave a pair of hand-knit socks to my friend's step-son for Christmas.  Last Sunday I got the call that those socks had been worn on nearly a daily basis, only torn from his feet over much protest to be washed and then immediate worn again.  So a second pair was in order.  These are Hobby Lobby brand yarn, Yarn Bee "Walkaway Sock"  Color #3. These went out in the mail yesterday.  I have a pair of Kroy stripes on the needles now since TWO additional pairs were requested.


Under the category "Pins & Needles" :  That is what these ladies are on!  Waiting for the end-of-season picnic to see who's moved up to the next competition level.  I already know who's going, but I wish I could keep them all with me.  Thank you for a fun and very successful season!


Now for some pet snaps.  I got everyone to pose for me this week.
Twinsy, the neighbor cat who is now a permanent resident.


Mel, enjoying a roll on the warm sidewalk.


Coal, who just needs to learn how to turn the key and take this thing for a few laps around the yard.


The elusive Mocha.  After nine years with us she is finally overcoming some of her shyness and venturing out during the day.


Roy, looking rather long and lean in this photo.


Even Bud made it into the photos.  A thunderstorm last week drove both Bud and Joe on to the porch.


Tonight is the last night of regular practice sessions at the gym for two weeks.  Although I love gymnastics, I welcome the break so I can be outside from dawn 'til dusk.  Managed to get the San Marzano tomatoes out into the garden today.  Not sure what the weekend holds for me but it's bound to be busy.  Hope everyone enjoys their weekend plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment