Sunday, June 29, 2008

My First Exchange

My Workbasket "Quaker Animal" is on it's way to my exchange partner. This is my very first exchange and I'm a bit nervous. I've been checking out all the exchanges on the blogs that I follow and it looks like a lot of fun. I certainly did have fun stitching the animal....I should say animals. I couldn't decide which one to make so I ended up with three. The Quaker Cow done in Carrie's Creations red, white and blue variegated floss is about 75% complete. I voted him down right away because I thought he was a bit too bold for my first exchange. I didn't want to send anyone screaming from their mailbox when a crazy cow arrived. Then I made the Rooster. I really liked how he came out and I even finish-finished him. I think I have followed all the rules of exchanging correctly and that it is OK to post a photo of the finished rooster project since he wasn't chosen to be part of the exchange. I will also not reveal the name of my partner until I am sure the package has arrived to him/her. I added a few goodies too, following the inspirations that I have seen on other blogs. Can you guess I am having a little anxiety over this exchange? I actually did enjoy it very much. I love to buy gifts and this gave me a wonderful excuse to pick up a few little things and also finish a project in a set amount of time. I will certainly join another exchange when the opportunity comes around.

9 comments:

  1. The rooster box looks fabulous!!! Can't wait to see your exchange piece... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH! I just left a comment and it disappeared.

    I love your rooster - why on earth didn't you send it? I can't wait till I see what you did send!

    Exchanges are a great way to make or to deepen friendships with other stitchers. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rooster is really cute. I'm sure your exchange partner will be thrilled with what you've made~~can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rooster and the box! WTG on your first exchange. I'm sure your exchange partner will be thrilled with it .. I know I would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. opps sorry I mis-read your post! anywho I can't wait to see what you did send! and share with us the picture of the cow .. it can't be that loud! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty box! Love the rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the BEST finish!!!!! I love that rooster heart box!!! Can't wait to see what you sent your partner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer,

    Just LOVE that beautifull "roosterbox" !
    Can't waitjh to see the exhange piece you made !

    Bravo for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute rooster. Love your box finish. Anyone would love to get an exchange from you.

    ReplyDelete