Thursday, March 29, 2012

No Way!

The Redbud and the Magnolia trees are already in bloom.  Now the Cherry, Pear and Apple trees are getting ready.  Next it will be..........Oh God, I just can't do this.  I can't write with any sort of freedom or creativity at the library.  It's like someone has pilfered my teenage diary and is now reading it out loud.  The lady on the computer next to me is TALKING ON HER PHONE.  It's driving me crazy.  I love to write, I always have.  I took a Creative Writing class in high school and it was one of my favorite classes.  The thing is I couldn't produce a decent piece of work in the allotted 45 minute class period.  The teacher would roam up and down between the rows of desks; stopping now and then to peer over your shoulder and correct the odd spelling or grammar error.  My mind would go blank.  My best work came during Algebra class where the intended subject matter held no interest for me.  In that class the ideas would flow freely and my hand would dance over the page spilling out an endless stream of stories that kept my class mates entertained for hour.
OK, this other guy is having a coughing fit.  I've got to get out of here..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment