Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Throw-back Thursday

This phrase seems to be all the rage these day "Throw-back Thursday".  So I've thrown myself back into a craft that I haven't done in a while, quilting.
 


Before I learned to knit, crochet or even cross-stitch I was linking little bits of fabric together by hand.  Most ended up as oddly shaped doll clothes, but some also became little blankets for the dolls.  I finished my first quilt in 1984 for a much-adored, if rather unappreciative, high school boyfriend.

 
The quilt pictured here is my 12th ( I think?) and is a wedding gift for friends in Kentucky.  It is a rather late gift and may be completed in time for their First Anniversary next month.
The pattern is Stars and Moons.


A cloudy, rainy day here assures that a bit more work will get done.  Hopefully I will have a photo of the completed quilt before the end of May.
 
Speaking of the month of May.....I guess some of you might be wondering about the sudden increase in my blog posts.  I am trying to get away from Facebook and focus more here on the "simpler things of Life".  Facebook is so "out there" sometimes and I try to keep up with the young folks.  But let's face it, I'm a boring old fart and even jazzy Facebook can't yank me into the 21st Century.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it is nice to see you make this quilting, the stars in circles look so special, and the colours of fabrics are good and not defiant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. Love the warm, neutral colours. It looks very American (I mean that as a compliment!)

    I'm the same with Facebook. I'm hardly there at all or there isn't time left for real life. I would much better be an old fart then! ;)

    ReplyDelete